Visual Installer setup tool it is possible to create a silent
installation that runs discreetly and without any user interaction. No
dialog boxes or installation windows will be shown during the
setup process, only a small percent gauge is shown discreetly in
one corner of the screen to show how the installation proceeds.
This functionality is very useful if you want to make it easy
for end-users to run an installation with default settings. It
can even be useful for administrators if they want to make
installations in networks with many computers.
To create a silent installation:
1. Start Visual Installer and create / open a setup project.
2. Open the Dialog boxes tab.
3. Clear all check boxes for all the dialog boxes. No
dialog box will now be shown during the setup.
4. Open the Design tab.
5. Select the Setup window menu item from the Object menu.
6. Select the No setup window option in the dialog
7. Close the dialog boxe and create a new installation.
Now you have a silent installation! Only the percent gauge will
appear during the installation.